Powered by Rollyo

Friday, September 21, 2007

School Holiday begins next week

Next week the 2-week term break begins, as this is a short break, most people will stay in town, and the library is the best place for parents to let their children to hang around. They think that it is safe and have lots of things for kids to do. Our library will soon become a kids-zone with children running around: and a war-zone with books trashed on the floor. It is particularly awful for us to tidy up the place and putting books back to the shelf. Every time, to make me feel better, I will recall the scene that I saw when I walked into a Shoes No 1 shop in one Christmas, there were shoes everywhere, because people just left the shoes on the floor after trying, and the staff were desperately matching the shoes (left and right, same size) and putting them back to the box and then the shelf. I just felt sorry for the staff. This make you feel better. because you know you are better off than those people in Shoes No 1. Remember "My Favorite Things" in "Sound of Music", there is a line like this ... I simply remember my favorite things(the people in Shoes No1) , and then I don't feel so bad. Try this fellow librarians, it works for me.

No comments: