Powered by Rollyo

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Librarything

Librarything (http://www.librarything.com/) is fantastic. You can create your own catalogue of your own books. I had made a catalogue of my own books a few years ago with MS Access, it took me some time to create the database and much more time to enter the bibliographic data. It was so tiring that I stopped using it very soon. With Librarything, the software is there and data entry is easy, just key in the ISBN and the site can find the bibliographic data for you from Amazon and libraries all over the world. Real genius. With no room for more books, I am more selective in buying books now, but I will set up a Librarything catalogue for my own books and the books I have read. One interesting feature is that the catalogue can show the books by the covers.

my catalogue in "cover view"

please click the below button to check my catalogue

or go to the following page HERE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please post a link to your Librarything catalogue and then I can credit you for thing 11 :)

Unknown said...

Thanks heaps for posting the link :D I love Enid Blyton's Walkaway Shoes :)